If your payment encounters an issue during processing that prevents it from being delivered to your payout method, the funds will be returned and you will be notified of the reason that the delivery failed. A payment can be returned for a variety of reasons, but it will most commonly be caused by one of the following reasons:
- Incorrect payout method details
- Incorrect tax or national identity number (when applicable)
- Account holder name inconsistent with contact details
- Incorrect address or phone number
- Failure to respond to communication from the bank
If you are unsure as to why your payment was returned, contact our support team through firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
If your payment was returned
Regardless of the reason for the return, your active payout method will be temporarily disabled so that you can make the necessary changes before your payment is re-submitted.
- Check your email or your Recent Payments list for the reason that the payment was returned
- Click the Edit button on your disabled payout method
- Make the necessary changes to your contact or payout information
- Save the changes to reactivate your payout method
After your payout method has been updated, the payor will be able to re-submit the payment to you.